Essential reading for the healthcare business
 
 
Remember me:
Skip Navigation LinksHealthInvestor article
Bupa to acquire Australian and New Zealand dentistry group

Bupa plans to acquire Australia and New Zealand-based Dental Corporation for AUD$374 million (£244 million).

The deal is expected to complete in March 2013 and will see Bupa acquire 100% of the shares in the firm.

The purchase price is 84% of the company’s value, with the remaining 16% payable to the dentists and management team over a three-year period.

Dean Holden, managing director of Bupa Australia and New Zealand, said: “We’re really excited by this acquisition and look forward to working with Dental Corporation’s management team and its dentists to build on their track record of growth and success.”

Dental Corporation is Australia and New Zealand’s largest dental group, with 190 clinics and more than 560 dentists.

This follows Bupa’s announcement in July 2012 of a multi-million pound investment in UK dental services. It plans to open up to 50 additional private dental centres over the next three years.

Posted on: 17/12/2012

Latest news stories

21/05/2019
Healthcare real estate investment trust Assura has reported an increase in profits and revenues as a result of portfolio growth in its full-year results for the 12 months ended 31 March 2019.
21/05/2019
UK skincare specialist group sk:n has acquired Destination Skin, a chain of 16 aesthetic skincare clinics, with ambitious plans to open new clinics under both brands in the coming months.
21/05/2019
There have been 77 transactions in the global IVF and fertility market since 2009, with M&A activity peaking in 2018, finds new analysis.
20/05/2019
Totally, a provider of out-of-hospital services, is in the advanced stages of acquiring Greenbrook Healthcare, a primary care organisation which operates across London.
16/05/2019
Swanton Care & Community has acquired specialist adult residential and supported living providers Values in Care and GRS Care.


Civica


HealthInvestor blog
As the self-pay care home market booms, the state-funded sector is under increasing pressure to survive. The government must act to ensure a dignified and secure future for all our older citizens

Click here to view the HealthInvestor blog


An electronics engineer, applying technology to break down the limits of care, improve patient outcomes and change lives for the better… Also, named on the Sunday Times Maserati 100, its annual list of entrepreneurs
James Allen joined the National Care Group as chief executive in April, but new to the post doesn’t mean new to the sector. With a fresh pair of eyes, he discusses provision and trends in the adult social care sector with Marie Cahalane
Horizon chief executive Paul Callander talks to Marie Cahalane about children’s services and analyses funding and provision – as we eagerly await the social care Green Paper
The UK medicinal cannabis sector is becoming mainstream as a result of changes to the law, a growing body of scientific research and evolving social attitudes. While not without its challenges and risks, it already offers a range of opportunities for investors that are likely to increase over time. Catherine Gooderham asks, where do the investment opportunities lie?
The European care market remains active, the result of growing demand, well-entrenched multiples, and the potential for growth through pan-European expansion. Marie Cahalane considers market opportunities and examines the prospects for UK operators

Click here to search all feature articles



Something new...

We've entered the era of the app - there seems to be one for everything and health is no different. Gus Booth-Clibborn, co-founder and chief executive of Tomo, talks mental health and 'appiness with Marie Cahalane
Read more


Christie + Co

my images



Care homes
While the self-pay care and nursing home market is seeing record levels of investment, the UK state-pay system is on its knees with operators struggling to survive as local government payments fall well below the true cost of care. Rob Munro reports on the crisis engulfing a market worth nearly £16 billion a year
Read more